Refiner comes equipped with a powerful user segmentation engine that allows you to group your users based on various traits.
User segments play an important role in Refiner and you’ll see them in many different places. Segments allow you to
- Create target audiences for upcoming surveys. You can for example create a segment for all you paying customers and survey them separately.
- Better analyze your survey data. You can for example filter survey data by segment in your Reporting Dashboard and look at your data from different angles.
- Show only specific answers in your Feedback Hub. This is helpful when you only want to read through responses from a certain group of people, for example your Power Users or NPS Promoters
- Trigger an integration when a user enters a segment
- Send a notification to your team when a user enters a segment
Creating a user segment in Refiner is straightforward. Follow the steps below to create your first user segment.
1/ Navigate to the “User Segments” section in your account and click on “Create new segment”
2/ Add as many filter as needed to define your segment. Refiner supports filter groups which allow you to create deep user segments based on various traits.
Our segmentation engines allows you to create segments based on different data points, notably you can use
- Your user data which we received when you identified the user with our client library
- Survey responses given by a user
- Auto-generated fields like “first seen” or “last survey response”
- Whether or not a user dismissed or completed a certain survey
Especially the ability to create segments based on your own user data (provided when identifying your users) opens up many interesting use-case.
You can for example create segments using subscription data you have on record and then compare how different customer groups responded to a survey.